When do I call MARVIN?

A seemingly obvious question for filing or certifying for unemployment in Michigan is when do I call MARVIN?  It turns out the number listed on the Michigan UIA website isn’t exactly correct

The number listed on the UIA site directs you to the UIA office which is typically slammed with calls and taken offline.  The ideal way to certify for unemployment each week is through MARVIN as always the number for MARVIN is 1-866-638-3993.

Call-In Schedule:

Using the last two digits of your Social Security number you will locate your designated time slot below.  In the event that you miss your call in time, or couldn’t get through because the system was busy you can call in during the open call in period anytime on Thursday or Friday.

Or you can certify with MARVIN through MARVIN online anytime during your certification week.

This entry was posted in Minor In MARVIN and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to When do I call MARVIN?

1. Pingback: Michigan MARVIN F.A.Q. | Career Purgatory

2. Unoangie says:

Can you call earlier on your designated day?

3. Career Purgatory says:

No, MARVIN will ask you to call at your set time.  You can call a few minutes early, and stall the actual “login” activity to beat the rush.

4. Latishawatson68 says:

DO I SUPPOSE CALL MARVIN OTHER WEEK OR EVERY OTHER I NO MY TIME TO CALL MARVIN BUT IS IT EVERY WEEK SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME NO

5. coco says:

after i finished the job resume what i do after,i marvined online my first time no money, then i did the second time still no money maybe im doing something wrong some one tell me what to do ,i even got my monetary paper telling me how much im qualified i think im doing something wrong i guess thx coco

6.  If you haven’t by now, you should try to go to a UIA office in person they’ll be able to help you the best.
    The important thing to do is to keep certifying otherwise you’ll have to
    file a reason why you didn’t.  Something is wrong that you haven’t been
    paid though.  Call for help or visit a UIA office in person, good luck.

7.  If you haven’t by now, you should try to go to a UIA office in person they’ll be able to help you the best.
    The important thing to do is to keep certifying otherwise you’ll have to
    file a reason why you didn’t.  Something is wrong that you haven’t been
    paid though.  Call for help or visit a UIA office in person, good luck.

8. Nickgripr says:

I was running off my old claim from last year it ran out the 27 of November … Filed a new claim on the first of December .. I did not know I had to call for the week of the 27th … I waited two weeks after filing a new claim to call Marvin on the 11th. No amount was given … Called 800 number .. Lady straightened it out I got money the following Friday on 14th I asked the lady when I should call next she said on the first of January …. Called Marvin … No amount was given … Called 800 number the guy said I was supposed to call last week on the 25th … I made a statement saying what happened but still didn’t receive anything now I gotta wait another two weeks to call Marvin … Broke .. Bills need to be paid … No answers

9. Julie O says:

I called Marvin on 4/4/13 but was not told when to call in again. I’m still unemployed called the main number but can never get through

10. Scott says: