How To Verify New York Department of Labor Identification
How to verify New York Department of Labor Identity Verification with ID.Me for PUA unemployment
The New York Department of Labor (DOL) has revamped how to verify your identity for unemployment benefits payments for the New York Department of Labor (DOL) unemployment insurance benefits system. Initially this has been implemented for the qualification of Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Application often simply called PUA.
Due to rampant unemployment fraud, the state created new verification of identity of unemployment claims.
It started requiring mandatory identity verification for new unemployment claims, and in many cases requiring open claims to verify, or re-verify their identity to the New York Unemployment Insurance benefits system.
Understandably this still had some exposed weakness like identity verification in Vegas Vacation.
How do I register for New York Department of Labor Identity Verification with Id.Me?
Before you get too far you will need:
- An email address that you have full and ideally sole access too
- Smart phone with camera
- Computer or laptop is optional
- You will also need your form of identification acceptable forms of identification are
To verify your identity for the NYDOL PUA unemployment benefit payments follow these steps:
- If you received a notification email in your NYDOL inbox, visit the website mentioned in the email, then click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- You will be redirected to an ID.me sign-in page, where you can sign in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Answer questions about your credit history, Upload a photo of your driver’s license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- Check out this quick video below on how to upload your identification documents
- Follow the prompts to complete identity verification.
How do I upload identification documents to ID.me?
First get all of your pieces of documentation ready for your video call, so you can get this process over with as soon as possible.
After I verify my identification with ID.me now what?
After identity verification is successful, your NYDOL PUA payments will be processed in 10-14 days. (If there are any eligibility issues, NYDOL will contact you.)
Career Purgatory is not associated with the State of New York, NYDOL, or Id.Me.