How to Verify your Identification for Montana PUA unemployment claim
How to Verify your Identification for Montana Department of Labor & Industry (DLI) PUA unemployment claim
Due to rampant unemployment fraud, the state created new verification of identity of unemployment claims.
It started requiring mandatory identity verification for new unemployment claims, and in many cases requiring open claims to verify, or re-verify their identity to the Montana Department of Labor & Industry unemployment benefits system.
Understandably this still had some exposed weakness like identity verification in Vegas Vacation.
Get started with your Montana Unemployment Claim and Identity Verification
After you file a claim with Montana UI:
1. You must start the identity verification process at the Montana Department of Labor & Industry (DLI) ID.me website.
a. If you filed your claim online, follow the link in the banner or select the green Verify with ID.me box on the Claim Summary page.
b. If you filed your claim over the phone, select the green Verify with ID.me box or the link in the email you received.
2. On the Montana DLI ID.me website (screen below), click the green Verify with ID.me box to start the identity verification process.
3. Follow the ID.me prompts to verify your identity.
4. You will receive an email indicating you completed the identity verification process. However, you must complete an additional step before Montana unemployment is notified.
5. On the screen below, you must select Allow so ID.me can share the listed information with Montana DLI. Selecting Allow will notify unemployment insurance you completed the identity verification process.
After I verify my identification with ID.me now what?
ID.me will alert Montana DLI UI system when your identity has been verified. Montana DLI UI will release the Identity Hold on your claim. This process may take up to 72 hours to complete after ID.me has successfully verified your identity.
- Montana DLI will not be notified you completed your verification unless you started at the Montana DLI ID.me website and authorized ID.me AND allowed ID.me to share your information with MT DLI as shown above.
- If you have an ID.me account for another reason you will still have to use the link provided.
- Montana DLI representatives cannot access your ID.me account, help you with the ID.me verification process or tell you where you are in the process. If you have additional questions about ID.me or need further guidance, click here to open an ID.me support ticket. ID.me will reach out to you only regarding your ticket. Please have the support ticket number provided to you for additional assistance.
Career Purgatory is not associated with the State of Montana, DLI or Id.Me.