How to Verify your Identification for Indiana PUA unemployment
How to Verify your Identification for Indiana PUA unemployment claim
The Indiana Department Workforce Development (DWD) has revamped how to verify your identity for unemployment benefits payments for the Indiana Department Workforce Development of Labor unemployment insurance benefits system. Initially this has been implemented for the qualification of Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Application often simply called PUA.
Due to rampant unemployment fraud, the state of Indiana is using a new verification system from ID.me to verify the identity on new unemployment claims.
It started requiring mandatory identity verification for new unemployment claims, and in many cases requiring open claims to verify, or re-verify their identity to the Indiana Department Workforce Development unemployment benefits system.
Understandably this still had some exposed weakness like identity verification in Vegas Vacation.
To verify your identity and receive unemployment benefits:
- Log in to your Uplink account at the DWD’s unemployment portal.
- You should see a task on your claimant home page that says Identity Verification Needed.
- Follow the prompts and click the green Verify with ID.me button, where you can sign in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Answer questions about your credit history, Upload a photo of your driver’s license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- Follow the prompts to complete identity verification.
- For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.
After I verify my identification with ID.me now what?
Once your identity has been successfully verified online and matches the records on file at Indiana DWD, Indiana DWD can move forward with any other issues that may be holding up benefits.
Continue to check your Indiana Uplink unemployment account regularly for the most current status. Please visit unemployment.in.gov to log into your account.
Careerpurgatory, is not affiliated with Indiana DWD, Uplink, or ID.me.