How do I verify my identity with ID.me the Louisiana Workforce Commission?
How do I verify my identity with the Louisiana Workforce Commission?
The Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) has revamped how to verify your identity for unemployment benefits payments for the Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) unemployment insurance benefits system. Initially this has been implemented for the qualification of Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Application often simply called PUA.
Due to rampant unemployment fraud, the state of Indiana is using a new verification system from ID.me to verify the identity on new unemployment claims.
It started requiring mandatory identity verification for new unemployment claims, and in many cases requiring open claims to verify, or re-verify their identity to the ILouisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) unemployment benefits system.
Understandably this still had some exposed weakness like identity verification in Vegas Vacation.
To verify your identity with the Louisiana Workforce Commission
- Click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- Follow the prompts to either open your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Confirm your email address.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Upload a photo of your driver’s license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- When prompted, take and submit a selfie.
- Enter all other requested information, including your Social Security number.
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow. This step shares your identity information with the Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) and enables you to continue with your claim.
Note: If you verified your identity on a video call with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the LWC’s HiRE website.
- Restart the claims filing process and enter your ID.me credentials when prompted
- Click Allow to share your information with LWC to complete the process.
After you have verified your identity, you can continue filing your claim for unemployment benefits.
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.
After I verify my identification with ID.me now what?
Once your identity has been successfully verified online and matches the records on file at Louisiana LFC can move forward with any other issues that may be holding up benefits.
Continue to check your Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) unemployment account regularly for the most current status.
Careerpurgatory, is not affiliated with Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC), or ID.me.